乔治逃避了与一个表妹的强迫婚姻。
George ducked out of his forced marriage to a cousin.
不知怎么的,我强迫自己按下了按钮。
Somehow, I forced my finger to press the button.
他强迫国家将农业集体化。
He forced the country to collectivize agriculture.
强迫孩子按道德行事可能会妨碍她将你试图传授的教训内化。
Forcing a child to behave morally may prevent her from internalizing the lesson you're trying to impart.
领导者不会强迫其他人赞同自己,但能说服别人。
Leaders don't force other people but convince them to go along with them.
不要强迫自己采用这种姿势,因为这会对膝盖和臀部造成持久的伤害。
Do not force this posture as you can cause lasting damage to knees and hips.
我现在认为宗教是无害的,只要它不强迫其成员改变宗教信仰。
I now take the view that religion is harmless so long as it does not compel its members to proselytize.
强迫永远不会使他们信服.
Compulsion will never result in convincing them.
她强迫自己继续下去。
She forced herself to keep going.
他强迫自己每天早起锻炼。
He forces himself to get up early and exercise every day.
两名男子强迫店员跑开,然后偷走了现金出纳机里的钱。
Two men forced the clerks to flee before helping themselves to the cash register.
他们强迫囚犯做工.
They made the prisoners do the work by compulsion.
毕竟,被强迫的等待亟需耐心。
After all, forced waiting requires patience.
这个孩子被父母强迫进食蔬菜。
The child was force-fed vegetables by his parents.
他劫持了两名女人质并强迫她们开车离开这个地区。
He took two women hostage and forced them to drive away from the area.
我喜欢提建议而不是制定法律并强迫人们去遵守。
I like to make suggestions rather than setting down laws and forcing people to follow them.
她对自己外表的关注近于强迫。
She became almost obsessional about the way she looked.
但我们不能强迫顾客点沙拉而不点薯条。
But customers cannot be forced to order salads instead of fries.
琼斯强迫他的动物从出生到死亡都要干活。
Jones forced his animals to work from birth to death.
他们强迫他签了供状。
They forced him to sign a confession.
她试图强迫人们接受她的激进思想。
She tries to force people to accept her radical ideas.
我压住悲伤,强迫自己专注于即将到来的考试。
I pushed aside my sorrow, forcing myself to focus on the coming test.
他非要被强迫着极不情愿地去做事。
He had to be dragged kicking and screaming into action.
你不能强迫别人同意你的观点。
You can't force others to agree with your opinion.
这只鹅被强迫进食以增大其肝脏。
The goose was force-fed to increase its liver size.
我们不能强迫顾客点沙拉而不点薯条。
Customers cannot be forced to order salads instead of fries.
别想强迫我干你那讨厌的工作!
Don't try to saddle your dirty work on me!
他强迫自己做最基本的。
He forced himself to do the basics.
他强迫自己克制并战胜他的恐惧。
He forced himself to subdue and overcome his fears.
听到有人走近时,她得强迫自己不要退却。
She had to force herself to stand her ground when she heard someone approaching.
队员间的配合并非强迫命令而成。
You can't enforce cooperation between the players.
你不能强迫我做任何事情。
You can't make me do anything.
没有什么可以强迫我做这件事。
Nothing can compel me to do such a thing.
胡顿强迫玛哈躲在厨房门后。
Hutun forced Maha to hide behind the kitchen door.
她强迫自己坚持下去。
She forced herself to keep going.
其他时候,他会强迫她在完全无人帮助的情况下自己行走。
At other times, he'd force her to walk totally unassisted.
要求他比强迫他容易得多。
It's easy enough to ask rather than force him.
我的母亲鼓励我们但从不强迫我们。
My mother encouraged us, but was never pushy.
这只鸭子被强迫进食以生产鹅肝。
The duck was force-fed to produce foie gras.
她感到一阵惊慌,但是强迫自己镇静地离开了房间。
She felt a wave of panic, but forced herself to leave the room calmly.
也许是他影响了她,命令了她,强迫她撒谎。
Peradventure he hath influenced her, commanded her, compelled her to lie.
他强迫该国对农业实行公有化。
He forced the country to collectivize agriculture.
其他时候,他强迫她完全独立行走。
At other times, he'd force her to walk totally unassisted.
可可种植园中曾实行强迫劳役制。
A system of forced labour was used on the cocoa plantations.
他们强迫我们在雨中工作。
They force us to work in the rain.
然而,由于詹姆斯曾作为间谍而不是士兵服役,他的奴隶主强迫他重新成为奴隶。
However, because James had served as a spy, not a soldier, his enslavers forced him to return to enslavement.
你不能强迫某人爱你。
You cannot forcer someone to love you.
人们被强迫对权威不加质询地顺从。
People are forced to give unquestioned obedience to authority.
他咄咄逼人地强迫你了解他的看法。
His relentless aggression bludgeons you into seeing his point.
他强迫他去上学。
He forced him to go to school.
应该强迫违法犯罪分子对社区作出补偿。
Offenders should be forced to make reparation to the community.
“他强迫你做的?”她的语气里带着怀疑。
"He made you do it?" Her voice was incredulous.
她强迫自己不睡.
She forced herself awake.
她像大多数强迫性暴食者那样偷偷地吃东西。
She eats in secret like most compulsive overeaters.
-
compulsive hoarding
-
obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
-
forced air cooling
-
coerce sb into consent
-
sexual obsessions
-
forced alternating current
-
forced-convection heat transfer
-
synecthry; synechthry
-
forced convection
-
{心理} compulsive reaction
-
ditching device (无人驾驶飞机的)
-
compulsive eating
-
forced ignition
-
besetment; obsession; phrenolepsia
-
forced programming
-
compulsory sale
-
compulsion
-
forced labour
-
force an answer (from sb)
-
forced magnetostriction
-
forced landing
如果到考试的时候,碰到这方面的问题,放心,我们不会太苛刻的,我们不指望你们记住具体的细节,也没想强迫你们去理解,仅从材料本身无法获得的思想
If you get asked about these readings, as you will on the exams, we're not going to be picky, and we're not expecting you to remember details, and not expecting you to understand concepts that you can't just grasp from the readings themselves.
在自由主义者的“小政府“概念中,隐含着对强迫的担忧,强迫有什么问题呢?
Now, underlying the libertarian's case for the minimal state is a worry about coercion, but what's wrong with coercion?
就拿某些有洗手强迫症的人做例子。
Take somebody who perhaps suffers from some sort of compulsion to wash his hands.
他们不强迫我表演,也不强迫我学数学。
They didn't force me into it, but they didn't force me into math, either.
这是一个强迫性的行为,诗人被迫绞尽脑汁写出这首诗来。
This was an act of compulsion, and the poet had to be forced to press this lyric out of himself.
如果政府有权强占我的劳动果实,这就说明它确实有权强迫我劳动。
If the state has a right to claim the fruits of my labor, that implies that it really has an entitlement to my labor itself.
你不能强迫我留在屋内。
You can't force me to stay in here.
你不能强迫我 ,我当然能。我会先把你锁在这屋里,然后等医生来,我会撕掉你的衣服,把你按在地上,如果有这必要的话。
You can't force me. Oh, yes, I can. First I'll lock you in this room and then when he's arrived, I'll tear the clothes from your body and hold you down, if that's what it takes.
原始形态的比重,什么的原始形态,我不确定那个概念,不,因为没有人被强迫做任何事
What extent was the primitive form of Primitive form of what I'm not sure that that concept makes-- No, the answer is no, because nobody was compelled to do anything.
也许这会让一些人担忧,但是强迫人们去投票绝对不是解决问题的方法。
Although that might cause concern for some people, forcing people to vote is definitely not the answer.
如果现在不签,将来他们会强迫我们签,事实就是如此,到时会闹得很不好看。
If we don't do this now, it's going to be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty.
但我却会强迫性地去观察。而且很难停止。
but I'm kind of pushing things to the side. It's kind of hard to turn it off.
不过欲望终究压倒一切,他强迫自己睁开眼,并冲向尸体,说:『看吧死鬼,享受这美丽的景像』,书中。
But eventually overpowered by desire, he forced his eyes open and rushing towards the corpses said 'see you damn wretches, " take your fill of this beautiful sight'" 439c 439c.
那些被强迫耕种土地的农奴,或者是那些在其他地方直接成为奴隶的人,刨除能动性因素,农场主们,没有任何理由投资钱财,去改善他们农作物,果树和葡萄,的种植规模和品质
Serfs who are compelled to work the land, or in some places even slaves, well, they have no incentive, put aside the question even of capacity, to invest capital for the purpose of improving the size and quality of the their crops, their trees, their vines.
这不是因为喜欢,而是被强迫的,但我希望在座的各位中,有人能发现化学的乐趣,大学学的化学课程和高中完全不一样。
And I, like hopefully some of you in this room, discovered that chemistry was actually a lot of fun, and that the chemistry I got in college was pretty much nothing like the chemistry I had seen in high school.
没人能强迫我做我不想做的事情,亲爱的。
Nobody makes me do something I don't want to, sweetheart.
举个例子,强迫性地重复那些凶的片段,去重温创伤,重复不愉快-,不正是一种性虐待吗?
For example, by the way, the compulsion to repeat nasty episodes, - to revisit trauma, and to repeat the unpleasurable-- well, that could just be called masochism, couldn't it?
被惯坏,以自我为中心,你们几个却很照顾我。莫妮强迫我们来着。
I was spoiled, self-centered. And you guys really took care of me. Yeah. Monica made us.
我们看起来对这个有近乎病态的强迫了,包括我在内,你们能什么?
So, it's a sick obsession with some of us, myself included. So with that said, what can you do?
是啊, 如果我们执行这个任务, 他们必须给我们送补给,要不我们就饿死了,我们可以强迫他们。
Yeah. If we do the maneuver, they have to send the supply ship or we die. We have the opportunity to force their hand.
我不喜欢"强迫"这个词。
I take issue with the word "compulsive."
英国有很多家银行;,它们吸入金子并且发行纸币,但是它们都被英格兰银行强迫,在英格兰银行付保证金。
You have lots of banks; the banks are taking in gold and issuing notes but they are forced by the Bank of England to keep a deposit at the Bank of England.
弥尔顿有意识地强迫自己,在这时忘记一切自己所学过的东西。
There's a sense in which Milton will have to forget everything he's learned up to this point.
这种人格表现为,强迫,有洁癖和吝啬,这些都可从人们谈话方式看出。
And the way it manifests itself, as you know from just how people talk, is you're compulsive, you're clean, you're stingy.
然后,他们引以为豪并且坚持认为,我不是强迫,而是说服,邀请你去做同样一件事。
And then, they're proud of it and they insist that I, not inflict, but rather induce you, invite you to do the same thing.
我不能说我们一直在这样做,但是在公司遇见,困境或危机时,我们会强迫,自己这样做。
I wouldn't say we're doing that constantly, but we certainly force ourselves to do it when there are new clear disruptions and whenever there's a clear crisis in the business.
我准备了一系列练习帮你克服对收尾的强迫需求。
I've come up with a series of exercises to help with your compulsive need for closure.
就算我能用我脑波强迫,你们选β,那我应该选什么,我应该选α
Even if I could make everyone in the room choose Beta by the force of my brain waves, What should I then do? I should choose Alpha.
卷三中的结论是,上帝享有先知,但是他对,实际意义上的预决或强迫着人类行为的,所谓神圣的做法并不感兴趣。
The conclusion reached in Book Three is that God has foreknowledge but he isn't interested in actual predetermination or some type of divine action that literally compels the behavior of human creatures.
工作之余,我不能强迫大家也在一起,但能够让他们在与同事相处的时候,感觉更舒服,交流更自由。
So I think that by doing that, I can't force you to hang outside of work, but I can make it so that people are more with each other and can communicate more freely.
昨一整晚,我被强迫听那烦人的竖琴,还得让情绪化的艾米·法拉·福勒熊抱。
Last night I was strong armed into an evening of harp music and spooning with an emotional Amy Farrah Fowler.
强迫式信息灌输,让人们看看她现在是我们这边的了。
Blanket coverage. Shove it in their faces. Show them that she is one of us now.
不,我会叫媒体不要报导。我不能强迫他们,但我们不会提供后勤支持。
No. I'll ask the press to leave me be. I can't force them to, but we won't offer any logistical support.
你们发现这是破天荒头一遭,我们举杯欢庆而不被谢尔顿强迫科普何为祝酒吗?
You realize that's the first time we've ever done that without having to listen to Sheldon tell us why it's called a toast?
他们可以强迫我退休,但是那样我就有更多时间来找你了
They could force me to retire, but that'll just give me more free time to dedicate to you.
所以我觉得我们可以把它当作一个,对强迫性重复作为死亡冲动的理论依据的怀疑,看看就行。
It's one that I suppose we could continue to entertain as a kind of skepticism about this way of understanding the compulsion to repeat as somehow necessarily entailing a theory of the death wish.
但你必须做的就是强迫自己忘记这点。
But what you have to do is you have to force yourself to forget that.
发达国家强迫他们参与对抗全球气候变暖的活动是不公平的,
it's unfair for developed countries to force them to participate in anti-global warming activities.
我明白你的疑惑,那个条款的用意是要强迫你在我生病的时候照顾我。
Oh, I see the confusion. No, the intent behind that clause was to force you to take care of me when I'm ill.
仔细想想,再分配这个概念,按自由主义者的话来说,就是强迫。
Redistribution is a - if you think about it, says the libertarian is a kind of coercion.
所以罗马人没有强迫东方罗马化,文化上没有,语言上也没有。
So the Romans didn't try to make the East Roman, in that sense, culturally, nor did they try to change the language.
嗯,我早就该猜到了,他总是强迫我看《红磨坊》。
Well, I guess I should've known. Yeah. I mean he just kept making me watch Moulin Rouge.
强迫人们绝对共享,如果你是某个集体农场的一员,就彻底受到共同消费的制约。
They enforced complete sharing and if you belonged to a kibbutz you were completely stuck with the common consumption.
我不会受打击的。你可以带美女到水池边,但你不能强迫她喝水。
I'm not gonna strike out. You can lead a blonde to water, but you can't make her drink.
当然也许是因为我上次碰到他的时候,他强迫我拿鞋带当牙线用。这次记得穿路夫鞋。
Of course that might be because the last time I ran into him, he made me floss with my own shoelaces. Wear loafers.
我能带女孩过来吗?就凭你?当然了,想带多少带多少。好的,就这么定了。别强迫她们就行了。
Can I bring girls here? You? Sure. Bring as many as you want. Okay, deal. Just not against their will.
施莱德会强迫这座城市在我们的规矩下生活。
Shredder will force this city to live under our rule.
赋予伊恩斯塔德夫妇强迫他人堕胎权利的条款有悖公序良俗。
A provision empowering the Isenstadts to compel an abortion is an affront to public policy.
因为天主教是与西班牙帝国联系在一起的,西班牙不仅从这个最富有的省份,榨取税收和其他收入,还想强迫人民保持天主教信仰
Because it's identified with the Spanish empire, with Spain, which not only wanted to extract taxes and to extract taxes and other revenue from its most prosperous province, but wanted to force people to remain Catholic.
◎ 强迫 qiǎngpò
[force;compel;coerce] 施加压力使服从;迫使
强迫李二嫂改嫁
以强力逼迫。《汉书.卷九十九.王莽传中》:「郡强迫之,皆亡山塞。」也作「强逼」。近逼迫,强逼,强制,压迫反劝诱,自动,自愿